Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Adopted in Christ

As you can imagine Monday was rough day at our house the excitement of prom has ended and everyone wanted to sleep in, I did too! Now that life has returned to normal, last night I find my family in my mom and dad's front yard shaking up soda cans and shooting them with a BB gun. I told Kirk "we have finally arrived in Harrisburg Illinois!" What a site I just sat there and enjoyed watching the boys fight over the gun and talk big stuff only to have Sterling's girlfriend out shoot them all.

But onto the Word, we are no longer orphans in this world. Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if we share in his suffereings in order that we may also share in his glory. We have been adopted by God I don't know if we truly understand the significance of these words unless we have been without family. We have a friend of Sterling that has been living with us, Awesome, Awesome man. Last night we were talking and it came up that he doesn't know if his mom will come to his graduation, he doesn't even know where she lives now. What do you say to that??? How does a child deal without a mom?? But we are children without a Father until we say yes to Jesus, how do others survive without the love and care of him?? How do you breathe, have hope and guidance. I know that I take this relationship for granted in my life, I have forgotten what it is like to be a orphan, living without him in this world. Thank you Jesus that even when we have no mom or dad in this world you come in and occupy that spot and so much more, you allow peace, forgiveness and hope. PRAISE YOU!

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: