Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coincidence I think NOT

I was in our outreach meeting at church the other night and testimonies were being shared about what visit keeps you coming back?!......

As I sat there and listened it was said over and over again, "it seems coincidental", "that this and that would happen and we would end up at a person's door that really needed"..................

Coincidence I think NOT!

So as our group went out we had the assignment to give a family a gift card and we began praying. I was excited because I had taken my 8 year old Conley with us and he was designated group leader. (He thought that was pretty cool!) As we drove around town no one was jumping out at us, so I told the group leader to get praying, we needed some guidance. So we pulled over and asked a gentleman doing yard work if he knew a family that needed some help??? The gentleman turned out to be a PASTOR! And he knew a family right away that was in need of help so we ZOOMED over ready to give this card out. What we found was a family stunned to get this gift as we asked to pray with him, his wife came out, you could tell she had been crying and she began to tell us that she was just sitting on the kitchen floor, crying and asking God for some help. COINCIDENCE I think NOT!!!

Praise God, oh how he hears our prayers, the women's for help, Conley's for guidance and mine to teach my son what it is to serve each other in Jesus. It is such a great privilege to serve one another. I think the word coincidence really needs to be taken out of the Christians vocabulary because my God has it all planned out. PRAISE HIM!!!

Psalms 116:1-2, I love the Lord because he hears my prayers and answers them. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breathe!

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: