Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Worship and Enjoy God

Question: What is the chief end of man? Answer: Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. -New England Primer In the Pursuit of God by AW Tozer

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created". Revelation 4:11

I have been reading the Pursuit of God as I have been facing hurt, disappointment and a crisis of faith that ask, "What am I doing?" As I read these words this morning my spirit was reminded that all I am to do is worship God, and enjoy Him FOREVER. But how often do I ENJOY God??
Like a child to a mother or father so often we take them for granted and most of our negative, abusive attitudes are acted out towards them. Today in prayer I left refreshed as I spent it concentrating on worshiping and glorifying God and remembering that it is about Him and them not me.

One day in Heaven my life will be filled with perfect worship and I believe that we will implusively fall to our knees in enjoyment and pleasure of his love and the eternal life that he has for us but today we are distracted, weighed down and worn out it takes (at least for me) intentionally focusing on worship and joy of the Lord. Not just prayer or reading the Word but intentional worship and joy.

John the Baptist understood as he told those that asked him, "I must decrease so he can increase".

May God draw you to the throne of worship and joy as he allows his presence to surround you and may his glory shine through your life. - Lisa

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: