Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Common Man

The common man, I find myself as one most days. Exemplifying the traits of a rat race mom, in a mad world trying to get more done in one day than a man can achieve in a year. With all of this said I sit down for my morning devotions, during prayers and reading the Word wondering why my heart feels so distant, so empty needing to be filled up once again. Why??? Why does it get so empty so fast???

I found myself in James 4 this morning and in those words we are instructed,
verse 4, You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes a enemy of God. Verse 7 Submit yourselves then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands you sinners and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Verse 10, Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Loving the world, friendship with the world?? Submit to God, flee the devil??? Double-minded and humble??? In this fast pace life as the day goes from morning to night, it is hard to see when the transition happens but somewhere between the phone calls, errands and kids, loving the world becomes easier, double-minded becomes a way of life and I forget who my King is, who my Savior is and this world eats me alive from my heart to my mind to my spirit.

Today I will live for Jesus I pray that Jesus will find me faithful throughout this whole day and that from head to toe, heart to mind and hands I will glorify HIM.

Lord help me to remain faithful to love with your heart, to be passionate with your eyes, to listen with your ears and to know that you are God. I know that you are Alive, Active and in love with me. I pray that my life and all my sisters and brothers in Christ will be focused on you, help us to stay focus on you within our life of choas and strife of weariness and sometimes lonilness Holy Spirit grow within us so that we will not be common man but men worthy of your Name.

I love you Lisa.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: