Thursday, June 25, 2009

Am I not enough????

The Israelites prayed and prayed for freedom and when they received it, they complained!? This freedom involved plagues, leaving at midnight, facing the Red Sea, seeing the Red Sea part and the miracles just continued over a life time, yet where was the gratitude? Where was the love? Only two of them made it into the promise land.

In life if you are like me you pray, prayers are answered but there is always another prayer that seems to be ignored. Daily you see miracles and receive them yet in the next sentence complain because something else didn't turn out right and the miracle, well it is already yesterday's news. My kids remind me daily that I am not fair and that the world is not fair; this is no surprise as I could have told them the world is not fair I have been living it almost 40 years and I want to see them just try to raise 4 boys (fairly on a daily basis, not a chance, but the funny thing is, it is always fair when it favors them)!!! But with all this said is God enough? If life isn't fair, if things go wrong, if miracles loose their pop, is God enough????

Will you remain faithful???

Is God enough? Is his son's death on the cross enough to offset the dog days on this earth that just want to destroy our faith in him? Does the love of the cross allow us to praise when praise is not on our lips? Does the love of the cross allow us to love when love is not in our hearts? Does the cross sustain us during the hard and dry seasons of our lives, when life is just not fair?

Oh, how I pray that the cross is enough in my life and that he will find me faithful. Jesus has to be enough or peace, love and forgiveness will always be one bad day, one self pity trip, one unaswered prayer away. May the love of Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross be enough to sustain this life for you and for me until we meet him.

Psalms 118:24, This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Your love is amazing LORD! I praise you!
I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: