Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are God is not safe, but his salvation is eternal.

Last Sunday night as I sat in church and heard that a pastor in Illinois had been killed tears filled my eyes. Church is suppose to be safe. A brother in Christ was attacked on Holy Ground and the effects of this evil became very personal. As I prayed for this family and so many others that are suffering today, I come to realization that God is not safe. Our salvation is safe in him, his love for us is forever faithful, but safety it is not on the list. Throughout history good, strong, holy brothers and sisters in Christ have been killed and are being killed for believing in our God. If believing and obeying God were a safe haven for life everyone would come, their would be no cost to our faith. As I go deeper and deeper with God this a truth is one that has scared me because I know that following the Lord, obeying his commands and going where he send me does not mean safety but it means that I trust him in whatever happens. And it is in that trust that he is wanting to grow me, yet it is that truth that stops me from obeying so many times. Our human side wants to be safe, comfortable and in control. Yet none of these things are listed in the Bible as God's priorities for us. Take a moment to really read the Bible, the prophets, the disciples their comfort and safety was not their purpose in life it was a life lived passionately in love with Jesus so that in whatever they faced they would stay faithful. This truth is one of the toughest ones for me to live out but it is a truth that disarms the enemy and makes God more powerful in my life. I must learn to trust so that obedience in this world will not be compromised by my flesh wanting to be safe in this world. Please pray for this family and church that has lost a father, a pastor and a leader may healing and peace be with come to them through this tragedy.

Matthew 10: 27-29
27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: