Friday, March 6, 2009

May some walls come down!

Okay so I am sitting in my class last night and the assignment is to write a 3-5 page paper concerning a job situation, your experience and then to do research to grow from this experience. Well I thought I had this all worked out and then in middle of class it is like God goes WHOMP with a new idea. So I sit there pondering, while trying to listen to the teacher, (thinking God you could have given me a little notice on this one!) and work the outline out. So as I sit there and start to outline this idea I figure out that this is a HUGE faith wall that I have up and God is trying to do some remodeling when I least expect it.

So here is the thought and I will get into this more later but maybe someone out there needs to relate to this and join me in my discovery. I have always had this mental block of how to be a missionary in a secular job, now I know this seems elementary to many but really I want to be a missionary, I want to be 100% in the mission field and God has just not called me to that and I seem to find myself in management positions in the secular world just feeling like I am missing something. So this paper is my job experience as a christian manager and what a difference it makes in job performance, team atmosphere and joy in my life. I will reflect how I use to do business without the Lord and then as the Lord drew me to him how my management styles changed and I could really see a difference on a daily level. I am excited about doing research on this paper and studing how christian men and women business leaders use their faith in the secular world and what statistics say about a christian business verse non- christian leadership.

So join me on this journey as I am sure more post are to follow and allow God to tear down some walls that will set us free for our purposes while we are here.

Colossians 3:23-24
23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Many blessings Lisa
I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: