Friday, March 20, 2009

Waiting for God VS Idols

Exodus 32: 1-4, takes us to the Israelites as they are waiting for Moses to come down from the mountian and in their impatience, worry and fear they start to make a idol, a molten calf to be exact. Why would Aaron play into their fears collecting the gold allowing them to melt it down and then carve this calf? That thought only lasts a moment as I think about myself, so many times I know that God has promised to speak to me in a situation but as I wait I to begin to believe that he is not going to show up. As finances get tight and I don't see a way out I start to take control. As decisions are made that are wrong and I see no hope of change I start to take control. I build idols. I start to rely on others advice more than listening for God. I start to put my faith in money for my security. I do this everyday as I enjoy the speed of the internet, the communications of the cell phone and the satisfaction in fast food, I tend to rely on my quick fix idols than the wisdom, direction and love of my Lord. May I learn once again from the Israelites not to give into the temptation of fear, doubt, impatience and panic and wait for the Lord.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: