Monday, January 5, 2009

Holy Spirit transforms Hearts

Galatians 5: 25-26,
25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. NIV

Galatians 5: 25-26, If we are living now by the Holy Spirit's power, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in a every part of our lives. Then we won't need to look for honors and popularity, which lead to jealousy and hard feelings. Living Translation

Living with 4 sons the competition is heavy. There isn't a activity that can be done without a winner. As Christmas break came to a close it was very challenging the male ego was going strong and fights were starting to break out (just for fun). As I went to bed one night I was just tired and frustrated with the boys, wondering "where did I go wrong"? As I was praying asking God what to do I was reminded that only the Holy Spirit can calm the heart. The Holy Spirit that lives within each of my children is what will bring them to a brokeness and a servants heart for each other. I began praying for transformed hearts and I was also reminded that our family devotions had disappeared with basketball season and our prayer time, well even meals were not being prayed over. So as this New Year begins I am thankful that God has brought me back to the basics. Once again our family prayer time is in place, Bible verses are on all the mirrors and my prayer life has been revived for the boys.

The End of the story is that as of now miracle after miracle has happened. Apologizes abound, laughter is once again in our hearts and even little brothers are just a little cool! I praise God that he has not made me a mom without the help of his Spirit. Thank you Lord for your answered prayers and Holy Spirit bring it on!!!
Many blessings Lisa
I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: