Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Word of God is ALIVE!

Hebrews 4: 12,
For the Word of God is living and active it is sharper than any two edge sword.

As I was doing my Bible study today I was reminded how my walk with the Lord was affected as I dedicated my life to reading the Word daily. I remember my first Bible study I was in, in 2001. They handed out a workbook and said there is daily homework to be done and then each week we will return and review the lessons and share what each other has learned from the daily studies. At that time in my life this protocol was foreign to me. I wondered how was I going to understand these lessons all by my self? Then as I looked at the lessons they all looked really long to me not to mention that I didn’t sign up for homework I just wanted to be taught. But as I took the homework challenge the Word became alive to me and I have never been the same since. Something happened as I spent time alone with God each day, a unexplainable transformation took place in my life. As I look at the first Bible I used and all the underlined verses, I am reminded how God used those verses to reach out and heal my heart.

Last Sunday a man in our Sunday School class received his first Bible and I was so excited for him I wanted to jump up and down and shout, YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IF YOU READ IT. This Book, The Word of God is like no other, it changes you, heals you, it makes you wise and allows you to get a new perspective on life. We need to know the Word. We need to read the Word and be challenged by it. We have cheated ourselves out of so much life, because we are not in the living Word of God Daily. May the Holy Spirit challenge you to read the Bible everyday, those few minutes will be the best spent moments of your day.

I want this for all my brothers and sisters more than anything else, to have a passion for his Word and to know the transformational power it can have in your life if you will believe.
I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: