Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Results from seeking the Lord

Deuteronomy 4: 28-29
28 There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell. 29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

In my last blog I talked about God calling me back to the simple step of seeking him with all of my heart, mind and soul and everything else comes to be. In this verse I am reminded why I should seek him in this way, because he promises that I will find him. He says that again in the New Testament, Matthew 7: 7-8, 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

In a world that has no promises of return especially in our economy today why do we spend so much time seeking that which has no promise. God is calling our attention to the promise of promises you seek me you will find me. What more is there to say.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: