Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just a Thought

Yesterday my son was playing Call of Duty on line and he informed me that at that moment 100,000 other people were on line at the same time playing that game. The numbers just stunned me. Now I know that I live in a techno cave but 100,000 that is alot of people on one game and then within 5 minutes another 5,000 came onto the game. My mind has just been stuck on those numbers and how quickly they multiple through the day. In every age group from 5 years old through adult coming together to play this game from all over the world. I just wonder if that is how the Kingdom of God is to be growing? With all the technology, with the number of churches and the complete access to a powerful and living God shouldn't these numbers be the numbers coming into the church. Just think, another 5 minutes another 5,000 come in. That thought just sets my heart on fire. It in a way challenges me to think bigger and expect more out my walk with the Lord. How can we live so that people around the world would come together in the Lord and how the church would never be the same.

Acts 2: 40-41
40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Revelation 5: 11-12
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: