Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Single- mindedness

Single-mindedness is not a strong suit of mine. Matter of fact in today's society we are expected to multi-task at a record pace and if we can't walk and chew gum at the same time we are out of the race altogether. (Okay I have looked up single-mindedness in the dictionary and have found that I once again created a new word, for those that don't know me this is nothing new. If you know how to spell this word correctly let me know!) Yet, single-mindedness is where God wants you and I. Why is it so difficult just to hear the voice of God, say yes and move forward in complete focus and dedication? I continually face the battle of sticking with the battle plan and then as I move further and further away from God's instruction I look around and wonder, 'how I did I get so far from the original instruction'?
It is like being on that boat and if we are not focused on keeping it on course the wind will blow it into no man's land and if I am the captain it would probably even hit the rocks and sink. (I would be too busy talking and eating at the same time.)
Lack of Faith? Lack of passion? Lack of priority? Yes single-mindedness is where God wants my boat, if I would listen it would definitely keep me from sinking.

James 1: 5-7 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. The man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: