Friday, February 27, 2009

Never too Late

What a year, 2009!

  • I turn 40
  • Celebrate my 20th anniversary!
  • My oldest graduates from High School
  • I AM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!

I really think I have just lost my mind. In the midst of speaking, raising 4 kids, sending one to college, working for Kirk and leading 2 weekly Bible Studies, I am now going to find 8 more hours a week to do homework and then 4 hours to go to class. Even with all those challenges the excitement that I felt as I entered that classroom was indescribible. Going back to school has been a goal for myself that I never thought God would bring to fruition. I sat there and heard the words that in December of 2010 I will have my bacheolors degree and joy just filled my soul. I just can not believe that God has made this available to me, one of my greatest regrets and biggest mistakes was not finishing college and now as God always does he is giving me a second chance. I PRAISE YOU LORD! I wonder why now? What is he equipping me for? How am I going to get this thing done? But in the excitement of the moment all of that does not matter, I am pumped and as I looked around the room at all the other faces you could see the same expressions, scared, overwhelmed but excited that their lives were about to change and this was the first step to a new tomorrow for many of us.

Brothers and sisters, it is never too late. I don't know what regrets you have, what your biggest mistakes have been but with our God all that matters is that he is the Father of God glorifiying new beginnings and tomorrows. As I write this the verse from Psalms 37: 3-4, comes to fulfillment in my life.

Psalms 37: 3-4 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Be blessed, Lisa

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh my Lisa!
What a challenge! I will be praying for you and cheering you on! Can't wait to see God show off in your life this year!
Blessings!
Teresa