Saturday, February 21, 2009

This Mother's Heart

Well last night was Senior Night and I walked my oldest son out onto the basketball floor, he was playing his last home game and it seems just like yesterday that he played his first. As Sterling gave me the flowers and a big hug the crowd cheered and the moment was over all to soon. When I went back to my seat I thought about the scripture in Matthew 2: 19, 19But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. I sat and pondered. I knew what Mary must have felt wanting time to stop and the moment to just be stuck in your heart and mind, I never want to forget this special moment. It really is amazing how fast time goes by and I just praise God that I have a son that has been a pure joy. Many asked me if I was sad, and I wasn't, I just didn't want to miss any part of this special night. With great expectation and joy I walked Sterling out knowing that a new chapter of his life is about to begin.

Being a mother has brought me so much closer to the Lord, not only being reliant on him but it has brought a understanding of his love for me. As Sterling went out for that jump ball I thought that there is nothing I wouldn't do for him, I love him so much. It is that mother's love that grows such faith in God, knowing that he will do everything and can do everything that needs to be done to protect me, provide for me and love on me. And God will do it in such a way that will mature me and prepare me for the next chapter of my life. It is amazing how God has created family to show us his unconditional love, with such wisdom and I am so thankful for it. I PRAISE YOU MY FATHER!

Pictures to come!

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: