Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cheering for God

Sterling (18 yr old) and I have a ritual before his basketball games during the national athem we pray. I look at him and his eyes are closed or I open my eyes and see him looking at me with a quick wink. As I pray I ask for safety for all the boys and think, that in a year or a few short years these boys will be men and what will their lives be like? I wonder if they will fight in a war, support a family and will they love the Lord? Then I think, God what if every person in this gym cheered for you like they cheer for these high school boys during the game? What would this community be like? What would this high school be like? Can we even imagine what a real revival in this town would bring? So as I cheer during the game (most of the time), I say "God I cheer for you also, for your love, forgiveness and the gift of my boys." So as I go to church on Sunday I am challenged to cheer God on! To worship him in his full glory as I do the overtime shot to win the game, (especially when it is my son! even though that may be a bit over the edge!) PRAISE YOU GOD! YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalms 57: 9-11, I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: