Monday, December 29, 2008

God will make the final call

This has been quite the day, even at 2:30pm, I think it may be time to go to bed. Sterling is in a Holiday Tournament, and they just played their #1 rival in the area and we were due for a win. They had played a tremendous game I was so proud of all of them. But in the last .04 seconds of the game Sterling was fouled and sent to the free throw line and these 2 shoots could tie the game and send them into overtime. Now he has the ball in his hands ready to shoot, EXCEPT at the line the other coach starts yelling the refs stop the game and reverse their call (there is something just really wrong with that!) and the game is lost. We all just stood there in shock as I mom I could feel Sterling's disappointment and anger, (he would have made those shots too I could see it in his eyes).
As I stood there in shock, I was thinking of the morning news and the bombings in Israel where children were running for their lives. I was thinking of the future of these boys and all they will have to face as they graduate and all of a sudden it was just a game. But to these boys it was cheating not fair and they were hurt. As I came home I sat down to do a late devotion and the Words of the Lord just seems to once again flow into my life at the right time, these words will be shared with Sterling when the time is right (now is NOT the time).

Daniel 7: 9-10 As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing coming out from before him. Thousands upon throusands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.

I am so glad that our lives are not in the hands of men. Man's calls will always be unfair and self seeking no matter how holy we are, we all have our bad days. But God's heart is so perfect. What peace we have in knowing that as God sits on his throne and the fate of man is decided it will be right, exact and holy. That is the joy we should be cheering for, that is the love we should be passionate about, life is more than just a game, it is about who is going to Heaven and Hell. May our hearts rejoice in the eternal life that is already won by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. May our hearts rejoice in the salvation of our children and that life's unfair games may teach them to appreciate the holy righteousness of our God.


I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: