Tuesday, December 30, 2008

God wants our Hearts

Joel 2: 12-13,
12 "Even now," declares the LORD,"return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Psalms 51: 17,
The sacrifices of god are a broken Spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

I was reminded this morning that all God wants is my heart. I get so busy and consumed with what other people think that I forget that God's love is so pure that once I give him my heart all the rest will fall into place. I think we are fooled into believing that it is the busy activity of the day that the Lord wants or we would be more willing to come to him in a quiet heart to read his Word, pray and listen. We believe in this over achieving world that achieving is more important than being with him. This year let's work together to encourage heart growth. The heart of the matter is where it all takes place, our works, our offerings and all else is void if he doesn't have our hearts.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: