Friday, December 26, 2008

A Servant's Reponse - Mary

I thank God that I have a moment to be with you. I praise him for the season of hope and fulfillment of the Word. I am so grateful for the best gift of all my salvation, how can it even compare with anything this world has for us today.
As today is December 26, 2008 I reflect on a wonderful year, one that was full of sadness and celebration. I want to share with you one of my favorite verses in the Christmas story it challenges me every year as I wind up Christmas and look forward to a New Year.

Luke 1: 34-38, 34"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
35The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God. 36Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37For nothing is impossible with God."
38"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

How these verses speak to my heart. The thoughts that must have been going through Mary's heart and mind as this news was being given to her. I wonder what my answer would have been? I pray that my answer is, "Yes I am your servant". I am challenged to remain faithful in the midst of instructions that are not always easily understood, or explained. I pray that in faith my answer will be yes, and that this world will be given hope through Jesus Christ my Savior through my obedience to him. I am reminded that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD, so let's not be surprised with the requests that God makes on our lives this coming year, and know that with God all things are possible for those who call on his name.

I would love to hear from you:
www.lisapricewarrior@yahoo.com

No comments: